FAMILY
GOOD MEMORIES ARE JEWELS FOR THE SOUL

This piece of collage is for my own lounge requested by my husband, Richard. He really loved my first large canvas for the conservatory depicting his passion for flowers & gardening! 


FAMILY: GOOD MEMORIES ARE JEWELS FOR THE SOUL 

I very much wanted to include a message about creating precious family memories & how very important these are for your inner soul to hang onto in times of emotional need & validation. I really feel I must remind myself that our experiences today, become our memories of tomorrow & to take whatever good from the day that I can. 

I would like to think the legacy of our good family memories will be passed onto our future generations. We all need good memories in our lives to feel whole & loved.

It's up to me & my family to go on creating our memories to treasure. It helps me to focus on what is really important for us as a family & drives me forwards to live with less fear & anxiety when we are struggling as a family to see a sence of purpose.  

My recent journey has helped me overcome, accept some of my childhood memories that have caused me much sadness & pain. By allowing myself to forgive & lean into these difficult memories it has opened me up to my better jewel like memories! I am so grateful for this everyday. I am working on forgiveness rather than bitterness. On-going!


Thank you for reading my blog today.

Have a day of great memory making with your family!

Until next time, take care

xx

4 comments

  1. Lovely thoughts, words, and work, Moira. It's very strange but I rarely think of the past in absolute thought through memories, but more a feeling, or over riding emotion surrounding certain times, and whilst there were certainly very difficult and tragic things happened, I have always felt warmth, love, and supported by our upbringing, and the closeness of the family surrounding us. But know it didn't feel that way to you and I hope you your 'ongoing' work helps with that. Maybe I will find as I do my 'work' I will not gloss over the bad quite so much, but even if things crop up, I will be able to 'forgive'.

    And it's so strange you do this picture now because I bought you a present last week and you'll be amazed at what it is. I will try to drop it in tomorrow on my way to the airport very quickly.

    Lots of love ... enjoy that sunny day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. Look forward to my suprise! Yes girls have lots friends round so lots of shrieking & giggling going on! Nice to see that sun though!! love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eager to know what your present was!! I read recently that there are no coincidences in life - could the mysterious laws of attraction be bringing good things your way.

    Had a thought about your beautiful 'Find the Light' collage with the pink heart - have you thought about making any greetings cards? I can picture the exquisite pink heart on a lovely Valentine's card.

    D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for you suprise comment. Yes I am still not sure about my gift? Might get to see kathy tomorrow? Lovely comments about making cards...yes I can see what you mean about the heart for Valentines. I will keep it in mind Debra. Be in touch very soon..promise xxxx

      Delete

Back to Top