HEALING HILLS


My husband asked if I could take a canvas & just paint. No collage or sticky bits this time. He was curious to see a painting.

I did try to explain whilst I love colour, texture, shape, pattern & placement of images, I feel painting & sketching isn't quite my strongest creative quality. With all my usual worries about failing before I even begin, I took a deep breath & thought what the heck just give it a go!

Looking at the blank canvas I wondered what I should paint? Then a lovely picture of one of my favourite flowers popped into my head...Lupins. I started with flowers & ended with a lovely picture of the countryside. 

I did enjoy painting it & whilst it is not at all brilliant or even good, I would like it to be added to my blog as part of my journey.

My husband loved it & so did my girls. 

Painting late in the evening ...nice!

Healing Hills

When I asked my girl's "is it funny seeing Mum being creative?" Their reply was, "no mum because you look like you should be doing this!" Who knows maybe I should?  

Thank you for reading my blog today

Until next time, take care
xx

 

3 comments

  1. Moira, this painting is so beautiful!! And the girls' comment serves to illustrate the positive role modelling going on, they'll get enormous benefit from seeing you doing something for YOU. Fabulous stuff!! Debra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that wonderful comment Debra. Richard says you can buy it for £25 quid towards the cornwall fund!!! Such loyalty hey for my artwork! He's a devil that one, he says ditch the collage & paint as I have received my first possitive comment from someone other than Kathy.
      He's hilarious is't he ???!! Keep peeking to see what I put on next. Must get my brushes moving again. Have Nicola & your dad seen it? xxxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely echo Debra's comments Moira ... no show without punch eh ... I mean me and a comment!!! :-) beautiful too ... xxxxxxxx!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top