YOUR SPECIAL LIGHT


I designed this collage yesterday, but had been thinking about it's compostion for some time. It is very important for me, in terms of my recovery from clinical depression over the last year. I wanted to show myself & others who are in the darker part of the collage, that you can find your own light, (hope) in time. 

For me it was about reconnecting not with other people, but actually myself ! I had stopped thinking about myself in a kind way, putting everyone else's needs first. Through reading &  councelling sessions at my GP's I have realised that without being my own best friend, without me feeling good about myself, without me giving myself some self nuture through hobbies & self care I am just existing in the darkness of my mind. 

I find thinking about myself in a positive way very hard, as I have always looked after others needs above my own for as long as I can remember. I think it comes from a difficult childhood & some very anxious teenage years? I can so easily slip back from looking after myself this collage is  my visual reminder of my healing to a better understanding of myself. 

It may be interesting for anyone else who finds themselves in that dark part of the collage or have in the past. Maybe you know someone else who has mental health issues?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE
DO ASK FOR HELP, IF YOU THINK YOU MAY NEED IT?














FIND THE LIGHT : ART

The medication I was perscribed just over a year ago, when all I could see was darkness has now been reduced. I am slowly finding my own light through my reconnection with art & hanging on to it very tightly. I am very grateful for this time for myself & my wonderful family to share. Love you all to the moon & back.

Thank you for reading my blog today

Until next time, take care.
xx 


3 comments

  1. Moira that's really beautiful and your most thoughtful work yet I think and most personal. My light has been burning a bit too bright at times recent years, in response to my darkness, and needs a little re-direction, without being dimmed ... I'm hoping to start that journey tonight ... loads of love and mutual inspirations ... Kathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and symbolic, Moira this is gorgeous, I love it! Debra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it turned out just how I had imagined it. I feel it is a strong emotive design using colour to represent how difficult it can be for people to find a way out of the dark. But by listening & being brave it can be possible for people to move into the colour & light. Glad you like it so much. Means a lot to me thanks x

      Delete

Back to Top