OVERTHINKING
&
LEARNING TO PAY LESS ATTENTION TO THINGS



Hello again, this blog post came to me yesterday after I felt a great learning had taken place after something which ordinarily would have consumed my mind for ages, until I had beaten myself up emotionally so many times I would of felt a totally worthless wreck!!!
It was something from my past which had been forced into my future, without me knowing. It immediately pulled me off my very new found path & I found myself rapidly feeling hurt & not good enough. 
I walked around for a few days with this buzzing at the back of my mind, wondering how I should play this one? I had been at this door many times not knowing how to react or handle a difficult situation.
I thought about all the work I have put in over the last one & a half years whilst recovering from clinical depression. I thought about my journey & what is has taught me. I thought about my new set of values, which I seem to use as a guide to what feels right for me at times like this. My transition from being silent to finally finding a small voice. My need for safe boundaries to maintain my selfcare & wellbeing. Remember that my resiliance has become stronger & I am able to bounce back using self belief as my trusty friend.
It seemed to highlight some emotional progress for me & I felt so empowered to not feel trapped in my own web of negativity & self pity, probably for the first time ever!!! I felt different about myself. I had been affected by the events but it had not dented me or lessened me. Maybe this was some kind of growth for me, finally? It felt like it?!
After some thought I realised my usual overthinking of a situation which would almost cripple me with anxiety & anger had changed. I decided I was going to give things LESS ATTENTION that did not warrent any more!
I thought I must always remember to give myself the same attention as I give to others, my self nuture, my self love. This is something I still find so hard to do & I am very much at the beginning of this new way of thinking. I have to, not only for myself but also for my two young girls. To help them understand & develop their own feelings of self worth & value.

SELFIES
The photographs above are all taken by myself. I feel they are telling a story of me feeling more comfortable in my own skin. For someone who has never felt body confident & never really liked looking at a photograph of myself I am starting see a different person. 
This person is looking for the same things as I was before, but somewhere along my story they became invisble during times of trauma & illness. I still suffer with dreadful osteoarthritus in my joints & recently pain in my face & jaw. I am attending hospital appointments to look into these very soon. But on the whole my mental wellbeing is much improved. All the work I have done on myself & all the people I am inspired by has given me some great emotional tools to allow healing & acceptance of my story so far. 

I AM TRYING TO LOOK FOR

truth
goodness
opportunity
unexpected joys
connection
authenicity
love
choice
healthy compromise
self worth
validation
 friendship
positive environments & people

I AM TRYING TO LEAVE BEHIND

people pleasing
comparing myself to others
judging others
overthinking
 to high expectations
negative thoughts & situations

  I have decided it is has come to the right time to leave blogging about myself & my family. I hope to get more creative with some more collage work in the near future & would love to use the blog to show my work in progress & finished results. 
For those of you who have kept up reading my posts I say a huge thank you!! Including those of you who were kind enought to leave lovely comments & to blackdogtribe for publishing many of my posts on their website.
 
Lastly a massive thank you & hug for those who actually bought one of my collages! It makes my feel so proud to think people are still enjoying their collages in their home as much as I did making them in my home!

   Looking foward to some more creative based posts in the near future!


Thank you for reading my post today.

Until next time, take care.
xx

 

8 comments

  1. LOVE this!
    You're gorgeous ~ inside and out!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, what a wonderful suprise to receive your truely beautiful reply!!!! I danced round my living room with unexpected JOY!!! Thanks for sticking it out with me!!!!!! Wow what a journey it has been & actually is becoming !!!! Have a lovely Sunday xx

      Delete
  2. lovely post - and lovely selfies moira! I can't wait to read the new posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, many thanks for reading my blog & sending such a positive comment back to me!!!! Yes I must get my papers, glue & paints out soon!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing post Moira! I especially loved reading about all you are letting go of and all you are welcoming in! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vivienne, what a wondeful suprise, very timely also! Your wonderful kind energy has lifted my spirits just now!! Thank you so much for reading & taking your precious time to comment in such a touching way. Sending kind wishes all the way back to you. People like yourself who's work inspires people to see themselves more positively are equally as AMAZING to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even with a lot of differences, the more I read your blog, the more I relized there are some similarities in all of us, who have struggled with anxiety or depression. I especially identify with your two lists "I am trying to look for..." and "I am trying to leave behind...".
    Probably that's simply the essence of what all of us actually need and should be seeking for.
    Thanks for your posts!
    Whitest Fly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your lovely comment this evening. I am so pleased you have found my writing helpful. I have made so much personal progress since I started the blog. The blog posts help me to see things more clearly & are a good visual reminder of how far both myself & my family have come. Thank you so much for reading my blog & sending me such a lovely comment. Take care for now.

      Delete

Back to Top