PATIENCE

Definition : Tolerant & even tempered perseverance
The capacity for calmly enduring pain or difficult situations

 TULIP SKETCH

I would like to talk about one of my most annoying qualities: LACK OF PATIENCE.

Since I can remember I have struggled with waiting, sitting back, or allow things to resolve slowly in their own time. For example cooking can be a problem for me, as I need quick results! Gardening is something I find fascinating, in that people plant seeds & see nothing? They have patience to wait for the goodness & the beauty to arrive. I have always secretly wished I had this level of patience & to not need everything right now! 

It also means when personal difficulties arise, maybe surrounding myself or other close family members I always want to fix everything so quickly. I can get really frustrated, angry, anxious or just restless when I have to trust, let go, believe or have faith that things will work out for themselves in their own time.

Over the past 2 years as a family we have been through a series of very rough patches, where all four of us have suffered varying degrees of emotional difficulty. The impact upon our family has been huge. Life has not been easy. Life has been very frightening. Life has been TESTING us all big time! Obviously I wouldn't wish for this troubled time on anybody elses family, let alone my own. This time has taught me a great lesson, that sometimes it just takes time for things to unravel/ grow very slowly to be seen for what it is.

This has been the most painful, frustrating, lonely, heartbreaking process. Taking some positives from this journey, I feel I am finally learning to become more tolerant, calm & patient when dealing with difficult situations that can't be fixed overnight.

During the last 3 weeks we have entered an unknown territory for all 4 of us. It is regarding the health of my eldest daughter. After 2 years of waiting, being patient we are arriving at a place of understanding. A possible diagnosis is finally within our reach, we hope?

This has been the longest time I have had to be patient, with myself, my daughter & medical professional's. It has been an exhausting wait for everyone involved and of course for my  brave daughter. She has waited & suffered with such grace, it actually takes my breath away!!

I have been so pre-occupied with caring for my daughter, my collage art work has ground to a hault. But I hope to create my next canvas about this life journey we have all been submerged in. I would like to express this with a colourful, bold collage dedicated to my amazing family & recognising our love for each other during this time. Much love xxxx

FIREPLACE SKETCH
Thank you so much for reading today. 

I have included two pencil sketches to soften the blog content. I like the result! I do hope you do too?

Until next time, take care.
xx

4 comments

  1. Moira ... rushing so can't say much other than so eloquently put ... and it is never easy to allow things to 'float' when loved ones are in pain ... that sort of patience is very hard to bear. But let us all trust that help seems to be very close and understanding and possibly even progress from the pain of the last few years for all of you. Life may be different as a result of what is being discovered now ... but understanding and clarity should make a world of difference and allow us all to make a positive contribution to helping Gina back to her brightest, sunniest, lovavble, self ... lots of love ... Big Sis and Aunty P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moira

    I love these sketches, you absolutely must do more of them. You have a real talent, it's so exciting!!

    D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you thats is so lovely to hear after all these years!!! I should really push myself more...maybe I just will??!! Excited with you...Ha! Many thanks again xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top