SHARING SATURDAY


Hello again, "Sharing Saturday" is here again! Today I would like to introduce you to another amazing woman, Brene Brown. She is a professor who studies vulnerability, authenticity & shame.  She talks about learning how to embrace our vulnerabilities & imperfections. How we can cultivate courage, compassion & connection. That we can recognise that we are enough & are worthy of love, belonging & joy.


I came across her work via a newspaper article whilst researching my own recovery from clinical depression. 

I watched her 2 "Ted  Talk's" via YouTube that same day & they blew me away! I connected with all she said & watched them several times. The talks are entitled, "The power of vulnerablity" & "Listening to shame".

In one of her books "Daring Greatly", she talks about being seen, showing up, stepping out into the arena, daring greatly & seeing vulnerablity as a courage rather than a weakness.

To find out much more about this amazing woman & her work just visit, www.brenebrown.com


 Being so empowered by her words & talks I found the courage through my own vunerability to create my own "Collage Connection" blog. I owe this woman a lot as my blog has helped me find a voice, be seen, know I am enough, feel worthy & find a place of belonging.

 Kelly Rae Roberts is a friend of Brene Brown & so I was then introduced to her healing artwork too. This inspired me to start creating some creative collages which are shown in most of my early blog posts. These collages helped me to heal & begin to re-discover myself in one of my most emotionally vulnerable parts of my life. 

Forever grateful.

You Are Enough
My collage inspired by Brene Brown & Kelly Rae Roberts




This coming week I am going to use my vulnerability to try & promote the courage needed during several meetings & hugely important medical appointments for my 2 beautiful daughters. Whilst I still find showing up everyday by being an advocate for my 2 girls incredibly exhausting most days, I will  often remind myself of Brene Brown's quotes & which help me to step out into the arena of life & dare greatly for both myself & my precious family.

Forever thankful.





I do hope you like it & maybe are interested to look further into Brene Browns work? Obviously we each have are own opinions & what one person likes, another may not? I am sharing with no expectations, just simply expressing my own influences to date. Feel free to introduce me to special people who have helped you too on your personal journey to worthiness & belonging. 

Thank you for reading my post today.

Until next time, take care.

xx

All images are taken from Pinterest

4 comments

  1. I shall give those TED's talks a listen Moira. Funny how when needed you often find a person or a message which really connects and helps ... not just you ... all of us. I read things by Robert Holden who is part of Hay House. I'll reply more when I have heard what Brene says ... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope you enjoyed the images too!! I love Pinterest & it is helping me with my posts so much at the moment. Just gives me a snatch at myself once in the week so going with it for now. Had 86 views today but no one ever likes or hardly comments so maybe just random viewers? The Sharing saturday is nice to do for me & few friends & family I think look at it from time to time. Thanks for your comment. Yes I have seen Robert Holden on your page. Brene may not connect with you? But I just clicked with everything so that was truely special for me. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of Brené Brown before. I just added "The power of vulnerablity" to my favourites, I will soon watch it and listen carefully. Thanks for sharing Moira!
    A warm hug to you ;)
    WhitestFly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi what a lovely suprise this evening! Thank you for reading & also wishing you enjoy Brene's work. It has really helped me. I have to amit I have not read her books as I really prefer watching & listening. You are so welcome & warm hugs back to you!! xx

      Delete

Back to Top