FROM A DISTANCE


Good morning. I finished another collage work yesterday & feel ready to show you all.
 
It is inspired by a beautiful beach which I was fortunate to discover a couple of years ago, whilst helping out at my daughter's school trip. The name of the beach is "Broadstairs" in Kent, in the UK. My home is Kent & have easy access to it's many beaches, but this one is really a little gem & favourite of mine. On my return trip with my family, I stood looking at the beach from a distance & was able to take a lovely photogragh from above the beach, which I have stuck on my fridge to glance at whislt I am in my kitchen.

I find sometimes I just have a huge need just to see the sea & listen to all the sounds that you can experience from the seaside. It always makes me feel alive, when I am feeling distant in myself. It makes me feel more connected to something bigger, when I'm feeling less connected in my life. Being near the sea refreshes all my senses, when they have gradually dulled by stresses of everyday life.
 
For me I find looking from a distance is my favourite way to enjoy a beach, to take in the sky, sea, sand all at once. A special place for me, which I hope to return many times when I need to breathe more deeply & find a different perspective in my day. 




FROM A DISTANCE
                                                                                                                                                         
Thank you for reading my post today.
Maybe take a trip to the beach & see what you think?


Please feel free to leave any comments about my blog or work.
 
  Until next time, take care.
xx 

No comments

Back to Top